Former Gatanga MP, Peter Kenneth, fondly christened ‘PK’ finally announced his bid for the Nairobi governor seat set to battle it oust with current Givernor Kidero, on a Jubilee ticket.
‘PK’ had caused thick suspense and tongues wagging for months on end before making public bid for the gubernatorial seat at Jesus Winners Ministry in Thika to announce creating a full blown political storm. He was accompanied by seven Nairobi Jubilee MPs led by Starehe MP Maina and Women Rep Rachel Shebesh.
Close allies of Deputy President William Ruto denounced ‘PK’ as if giving a nod to Uasin Gishu Governor Jackson Mandago’s recent statement that the United Republican Party (URP) wing of Jubilee reacted to PK’s bid with suspicion.
Jubilee politics surrounding Nairobi’s top job has been seen as eruptive and divisive, even more so with the entry of Peter Kenneth vying for the governor seat. However, Peter Kenneth has defended himself that even his support for president Uhuru Kenyatta is not tribalistic despite critics pointing out that his entrance to the governor mansion will only make things more complicated some citing that he stands a better chance vying for Murang’a governorship, his native.
The rest of the country especially Nairobi dwellers are waiting with baited breath to see who will clinch the much coveted hot gubernatorial seat.
5 things you did not know about Peter Kenneth:
- He has an impeccable education background. He attended Bahati a local school for his CPE, joined Starehe Boys fpr his secondary education and later joined his Alma Mater Nairobi University graduating with a Maters in Law.
- He is a great politician. He vied for a parliamentary seat in Gatanga in 2002 and emerged victorious, transforming the once pale village into a more developed one.
- He has no traditional names. Peter Kenneth has earned himself the nickname “muthungu” for his timely conduct.
- He is a family man. He is married to Anne and the couple prides itself of their two lovely children namely; Andrew and Andrea.
- He is a staunch Christian. He is hailed to be one of the god-fearing politicians who has raised his children to have strong christian values.